When Ben Pu isn’t consulting with his software development company, he enjoys to hit the road and see all that our nation and world has to offer. From beaches to mountains, he enjoys it all. There is so much to see in this world. Money spent on traveling is money well spent.
It can be difficult to choose just where to go when planning a vacation. There are so many beautiful locations across the globe and even right here in the United States. Here are some of the top destination locations in the U.S.:
1. Big Cities – From New York to Chicago to San Francisco, you can’t go wrong visiting any of the United States sprawling metropolises. Big cities offer a variety of things to do, places to eat, and sites to see. Even smaller cities have much to offer. If you don’t have the time or funds to make it to any listed above, see about a weekend or even a day trip to the capital of your state or any nearby city.
2. Beaches – When we think about U.S. beaches, many of us go straight to thinking about Hawaii. However, not all of us have the ability to make such an expensive trip. However, there are so many amazing and beautiful beaches across the nation. Destin, FL has some of the top-rated beaches in the world with turquoise-green waters that will take your breath away. Cape Cod offers a quaint setting that anyone will love with great seafood like crab and lobster. The west coast also has beautiful beaches from So Cal to Washington. Let’s not forget about South Padre in Texas where you can have just as great of a beach experience.
3. Mountains – One of Ben Pu’s favorite locations is the Appalachian Mountains. But, there is also the Grand Canyon as well as mountains in the northern United States. Mountains offer great hiking and breathtaking views unlike any other vacation.
Ben Pu is a software developer living in New York City. While the state of New York largely leans Democratic, Ben is a fan of Libertarianism. This party is usually represented by independent nominees who share a passion for individualism, small government, and the freedoms of capitalism.
Libertarians have a strong focus on the rights of the individual. This is a huge focus in such a diverse society with people of different ages, sexes, races, and religions. The libertarian believes that each individual should have the right to be who they are and who they want to be so long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others.
Another aspect of this political party is small government and the concept that order arrives from spontaneity. This is the reason that they focus less on big government. There is less freedom for spontaneity that can bring about change when individuals are stifled by many laws and regulations that are set by the federal administration rather than local government. They also feel that too much power tends to corrupt people at any level, so there should be a less centralized power and more power to the people and small administrations across the nation.
Last but not least, Libertarians like Ben Pu are strongly focused on a free market in which every person is able to work hard to reap the benefits of a capitalistic society. The state of the economy has a large impact on the overall state of any nation and its people. For this reason, there should be freedom to create wealth in a local market.
Boaz, D. (1999, Jan 1). Key Concepts of Libertarianism. Retrieved from CATO Institute: http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/key-concepts-libertarianism
Ben Pu enjoys working as a software developer, using his creative side to make computer programs. He develops the applications that allow users to do certain tasks on computers or other devices. In a typical day, Pu takes care of a variety of tasks including:
- Analyze client’s needs and then create, design, test and develop software that meets those needs
- Upgrade clients existing programs and software
- Create each piece of a system or application and figure out how all the pieces work together
- Make sure that every program functions normally when performing software testing and maintenance
- Keep track of every single aspect of a system or application as a reference point for future upgrades and maintenance
- Works with a team or collaborates with computer specialist in order to create optimum software
In fact, as a software developer, Pu is able to take charge of the entire development process, from how the customer intends to use the software to designing the actual program. This includes identifying the core functionality, user requirements (like performance needs or security) and eventually working with programmers to code and test the software.
There can be many stages in the software development process, especially if the program doesn’t work as expected or if it is difficult to use. In most cases, it takes a few tries to get the program just right, from fixing bugs to improving the functionality of the program. Furthermore, after the program is released, software developers are still working on upgrades or general maintenance. Ben Pu works closely with a team of programmers to make sure the software turns out just right.